[plug] win2003 server vs Samba ?

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Tue May 31 15:08:34 WST 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 07:08 +0800, Senectus . wrote:
> Anyone know of any benchmarks for current performance differences?
> It would be really nice if they were at least slightly non biased..

I don't think there's any such thing as a good answer to that. There
have been so many "studies" and they've produced different results
depending on hardware choices, OS configuration, etc etc etc.

To me, the upshot of that is that I consider performance not to be
useful for decision making. I'd be more inclined to focus on
reliability, how easy they are to manage, whether each does what you
need to do, etc.

--
Craig Ringer