Firewire - Re: [plug] USB drive mounting problems

Gavin Chester gavinchester1 at hotmail.com
Tue May 31 18:23:56 WST 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 18:06 +0800, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> My experience has been that the flakiness of Linux's USB storage
> support is matched only by the flakiness of its fireware subsystem :-/

That could explain why I have never got this external firewire drive bay
working.  I thought it was just my pig-ignorance, but maybe I've got an
excuse ;-)

I bought a USB 2.0 PCI card to see if that works instead (my PCs too old
for it to be onboard) because the drive bay has both connections.  But
maybe that's going to be jsut as tough to work.  Anyone got any pointers
to a good, easy, newbie howto to tackle this sort of thing?

Gavin