[plug] Turning an out of date PC into a linux home entertainment thingymabob?

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Tue Nov 1 06:20:42 WST 2005

short answer yes, long answer but ...

Seems most myth users dont watch tv live, they record and watch as its
being recorded, so its dead easy to pause/rewind etc.  There is also
control over playback speed and a more limited pause (I think) using a
buffer for live tv. Multiple tuner cards means you can record whilst
watching etc  Of course you can watch previous recordings whilst
recording new shows, ... Myth is very impressive, but complex!

BillK