[plug] [OT] optra C colour laser printer

simon simon at chrome64.org
Wed Nov 2 09:48:42 WST 2005

Hi all

I have a Lexmark Optra C colour laser printer which is sitting unused. I was
wondering if anyone knew of any community groups or startups who could use it?

The good:
Black output is extremely crisp - almost looks embossed.
Colour output is very good also - perhaps it needs a toner replaced tho
I have toners for it up the wazoo (at least 1 or 2 of every colour from
memory)
I have a new photo unit for it too, but the current one works well
I have a second parts unit for it, which has the large paper tray on it to be
changed over. The parts unit looks complete except the drum has delaminated
from memory.
Before I stopped using it I bought a new bottle of silicon oil for it

The bad:
At one stage it was jamming, although we solved that by changing out rollers
from the parts unit. Its been ages since I used it, but I vaguely recall it
might have started jamming on occassion again. Might need some work.
It takes 5 minutes to warm up. This is not a good home printer. This thing
would be useful for bulk printing flyers or whatever.
It weighs a tonne. Remember, there are 2 of them.

Ill even throw in the wheeled printer stand the parts unit is currently
sitting on. Nothing flash, but itll keep the printer off the floor and it has
space to store paper.

Anyway, Ill swap it for a handshake.

If anyone can think of anyone who might want it, email me offlist.

Thanks

--
Simon Scott
simon at chrome64.org