[plug] Linux gateway with two dsl connections

Patrick Tehvand patrick at tehvand.com
Wed Nov 9 08:53:23 WST 2005

Hi guys,

Wondering if this is possible with iptables on a linux router.

I'm trying to setup policy base routing for two connections to
ISP's.  On the 2mb I'll be using it to force traffice for ports 1723,
10800,10801; all other traffic will go out a 6mb link

I thought maybe
iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING 1 -p tcp --dport 1723 -j DNAT --to
<isp2modem>
iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING 1 -p tcp --dport 10800 -j DNAT --to
<isp2modem>
iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING 1 -p tcp --dport 10801 -j DNAT --to
<isp2modem>

then a global for eth0 pointing at the isp1modem for all other traffic?

cheers
Patrick Tehvand