[plug] Last nights seminar

simon simon at chrome64.org
Wed Nov 9 10:44:02 WST 2005

Russell Steicke (r.steicke at bom.gov.au) wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 10:13:49AM +0800, Anne Busby wrote:
> > I'm after the name of the software that graphically displayed the
> > connections between the phones and the computers.
>
> etherape

Speaking of which , I remember seeing (10 or more years ago) a demostration of
some software which geographically mapped connections. I think it was in the
Telstra building  on Stirling (?) St.

I distinctly remember the guy logging into machines at UWA and showed some
packets bouncing around.....  At one stage he started an ftp get and one of
the pipes got alot fatter (ie, colour and width showed data flow).

Does anyone know what this software was called? I remember at the time that it
was still in development.......

--
Simon Scott
simon at chrome64.org