[plug] [OT] adsl and phone system issues

Adam Davin byteme-its at westnet.com.au
Mon Nov 14 14:19:17 WST 2005

Hello all,

Sorry for the off topic post but I thought someone here might be able to
point me in the right direction.

I have two clients who are using a phone system and whenever the line
that the ADSL is on rings, the adsl gets cut off.

The details of one of the phone boxes is:

Aristel Av 38
Key Telephone System
Digital Control Unit

They have 4 lines coming in and one of the lines is used as a fax line.
The ADSL shares the line with the fax. I have tried disconnecting the
fax but it seems to be whenever the line rings, the box on the wall
clicks and the adsl disconnects.

Any thoughts?

Thanks and Regards,

--