[plug] [OT] Transforming a technician run company

Alex Polglaze apolglaze at book-keepingnetwork.com.au
Fri Nov 18 09:54:57 WST 2005

Chris Caston wrote:

> Off-topic seems to be used more for casual chitchat and "rather than
> lets get things organised and start becoming wealthy (or at least better
> off) productive people" and some of the things I asked people for advice
> on (ie getting started in commercial property) I didn't get any real
>
> If I post here I get responses but then get in trouble for being OT.
> Maybe I should post to OT then if I didn't get enough responses post a
> link on the main list to the web archive of the OT post and ask people
> to respond in OT.

I don't read the OT list, I haven't got time, but I like the regular list. Sometimes the
topics don't interest me and I can skip over them. Other times I read and get involved.

 From my point of view, the list is made up of technical people, but all of us have a life
outside "techieville". Sometimes, the things that interest us, interest others as well.

No Man Is an Island.

Keep the OT subject header, it works.

Alex