[plug] [OT] Sony malware on Windows

Jonathan Young jonathan at pcphix.com
Sat Nov 19 08:18:27 WST 2005

Quintin Lette wrote:

>Regardless of whether you actively use it, you should still always
>keep IE updated as it is so deeply intertwined with Explorer that you
>can't get around using it.

Can't remember all the details off the top of my head and haven't done
it to a recent for some time, but there are instructions available for
how to uninstall (remove) IE from most versions of Windows.

If you really wanted to and can do without certain other features that
rely on it.  Haven't done it to a system since WGA or the Security
Center were added to XP though...

--
Jonathan Young
Director of PC-PHIX