[plug] Bad Kernel Errors

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 12:01:11 WST 2005

On 11/21/05, Joong Cho <joongcho at westnet.com.au> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know how to solve the following error message:
>
> "Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address...
>
> Code: Bad EIP Value"

A quick poke around google suggests it's either faulty hardware or the
configuration of said hardware is a bit wrong in that PC..
This thread looked the most useful:
http://www.linuxcompatible.org/%22bad_eip_value%22_t30498.html

I've also seen suggestions it's bad ram, maybe try that by pulling
some ram out and letting run to see if it still happens if it does
then swap with the other ram and try again.

--
Ubuntu Breezy 5.10
CNet News.com: So that would be the philosophical difference between