[plug] xorg modules now .so?

simon simon at chrome64.org
Tue Nov 22 08:05:52 WST 2005

Craig Ringer (craig at postnewspapers.com.au) wrote:

> That's something different - I think you're referring to the 'modular X
> server', ie an X11 distribution where Xterm, the core X server, driver
> modules, Xt, and so on can each be built, distributed and updated
> separately. That'd fit with your (quoted above) comments. The discussion
> was about driver modules, though - a change in driver module format is
> probably not going to be related to a split-up of the X11 distribution.

Not knowing anything about this stuff, I changed their .o module into .so with
ld :) funnily enough the hal module loads now, but it still doesnt work ;)

Does anyone know how I can install 6.8.2 from mandriva 2005 onto my 2006
install without forcing and messing up the dependencies?

--
Simon Scott
simon at chrome64.org
mob: 0409113359