[plug] Hedzup for LCA2008 or LCA2009

Alex Polglaze apolglaze at book-keepingnetwork.com.au
Tue Nov 22 15:45:29 WST 2005

Ben Jensz wrote:
> You couldn't do it in Broome for a number of reasons.  The accomodation
> prices would kill it for a lot of people looking at coming to the
> conference, as there isn't anywhere that you could really class as
> "cheap", even during the off season.  Also the only time of the year
> you'd even be able to find accomodation is in summer (as its booked out
> solidly during tourist season, i.e. winter), which is the worst time of
> year in terms of the very hot and very humid weather conditions.  You
> also run the risk of people being scared off at the last minute by a
> cyclone forming at that time of year as well.  So yeah, it's not very
> logistically possible, even though it'd be a nice location :)

I haven't seen a valid reason here for not considering Broome even in Cyclone season. I
think Broome has been hit the same amount of times Perth has in the last 30 years.

They even have electricity and air conditioning, so a conference could be held at any time.

Yep, I LOVE Broome and would go there for any reason at any time.

Alex