[plug] Hedzup for LCA2008 or LCA2009

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Fri Nov 25 11:09:25 WST 2005

On Wednesday 23 November 2005 10:29, simon wrote:
> How many people would typically turn up to one of these events
> anyway?

Budget for 500.

If you wanted a more local event (as in primarily sandgropers), consider
fitting ~200 people on a train down to the forest for four days for a
train-cost of ~$16,000 as a kind of a technological nuevo cuisine.

Setting up enough wireless coverage might be an issue, but once done the
Australind passengers would love us for it. (-:

Unfortunately, the Hotham Valley people were decidedly unenthusiastic
about adding bakelite-looking RJ45s and power sockets under the tables
in each carriage last time I discussed it with them.

Albany's another possible, very pretty and some reasonable facilities,
although not as exciting as a forest destination... most of which have
very limited accomodation and no large venues. If we hit the forest
somewhere southwards, I'm sure South West Coach Lines would come to the
party with transport.

Cheers; Leon

http://linux.org.au/            Member, Linux Australia