[plug] Novell Netware and internet access

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Mon Nov 28 14:01:04 WST 2005

Are they using BorderManager to handle their Internet and Firewall Gateway services? if so, then a rule will need to be created to allow fedora to requests updates.  In BM there will need to be 2 rules created one incoming and the other outgoing.

Jon L. Miller,  ASE, CNS, CLS, MCNE, CCNA
Director/Sr Systems Consultant
MMT Networks Pty Ltd
http://www.mmtnetworks.com.au
Resellers for: Sophos Anti-Virus, Novell, Cisco, Swifdsl

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure
 is trying to please everybody." -Bill Cosby

>>> deepwaterlagoon at hotmail.com 8:46:33 am 28/11/2005 >>>
I'm planning on helping someone install fedora at the Beconsfield TAFE
campus.  It would be nice if we could get acces to the internet for updates
and packages.  The TAFE uses DHCP servers with Novell Netware.  I've had a
brief look on the net, but all I could find was information for accessing
network filesystems.  Any ideas would be much appreciated.

- Mic

PLUG discussion list: plug at plug.org.au
Committee e-mail: committee at plug.linux.org.au