[plug] Mandrake 2k6 default dvd player

garry garbuck at westnet.com.au
Tue Nov 29 22:52:39 WST 2005

Thought I'd share something I found tonight. There might be a gui way of
doing this, but I didn't find it..

When you put in a DVD [assuming you have the appropriate packages
installed, by default kaffeine starts up.
It annoyed me I couldn't change the default player. Tonight I worked it out.

The dvd triggers a script [/etc/dynamic/user-scripts/video_dvd.script],
which does the business.

I prefer xine, so here are the changes..

#launch kaffeine --device $DEV -p DVD     <-- hashed out
#launch_totem $DEV                        <-- hashed out
launch xine dvd:"$DEV"                    <-- added

Hope someone else finds this useful.

Garry