[plug] [OT] VCR to DVD

James Laurence Clarke jamesc at global.net.au
Mon Oct 3 20:54:41 WST 2005

Chris,

I know that some digital video cameras let you plug them in to analogue source
and then record them on to digital media, then transfer it to a PC (or better
still a Mac) via firewire and write it to DVD using DVD authoring software.
Also some of the DVD Recorders (ie the kind that sit with the TV) have
analogue inputs as well.

When transfering from Camcorder to Computer use firewire (esp for MiniDV
Camcorders) because you will then get the full (720 X 576) resolution, USB
only gives you 320 X 256.

Hope this helps.

James

On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 07:21 pm, Chris Watt wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I have a client in Secret Harbour that would like to transfer some VCR
> tapes to DVD discs.  Does anyone know of anyone in the area that could
> help them out?  I don't have the equipment and they have only a Laptop
> (I don't think they would be confident with it anyway).
>
> If not, does anyone know a way I could get it done for them cheaply?
>
> Cheers
> ~Chris

James Clarke