[plug] LateX Forms

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Tue Oct 4 08:58:24 WST 2005

"Scott Middleton" <scott at terminus.net.au> writes:

>I'm looking for somebody to make a couple of LaTeX forms up based
>upon a design I have. The forms are to be integrated into
>SQL-Ledger. SQL-Ledger allows forms to be created in HTML and LaTex
>so if I can't find someone to make the LaTex forms I will do it
>myself in HTML.

I'm not sure what you mean by "LaTeX forms". LaTeX is a markup
language used in documents. The markup and data are in the same file
as per HTML.

Effective use of (La)TeX requires knowledge of a fair number of
packages, It requires some deep insight to create a "form" as a
package that can be reference by a LaTeX document. I'd hazard a
guess and say that SQL-Ledger has some preconception of a form that
it would like to use; possibly a method of using a template with
form/database entities defined in the appropriate locations using
"escape codes".

If you have to roll your own LaTeX package, the process can be very
time-consuming. That shouldn't be the case unless you're inflexible
in the exact layout of the form.

I would stick my hand up and offer but a recent bout with the flu
has left me significantly backlogged with promised work; and I'm not
yet fully recovered.