[plug] Power down on halt

Jim Householder nofixed at westnet.com.au
Sun Oct 9 00:03:03 WST 2005

Hi

I recently switched to FC4.  Quite nice.  It took 2-3 tries for the
initial yum upgrade to work (disk space problems) but the restarts worked.

The only annoying problem so far is that the computer is no longer
powered down when I execute halt or shutdown -h now.  The shutdown
process completes and I'm left with a message that the system has
halted, but power remains on.

I searched a bit and got the impression that it's a bug, but I'm not
sure.  Is it user error, or do I need to wait for a fix?

TIA
Jim