[plug] DFI Motherboards - Sound

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Tue Oct 11 20:33:13 WST 2005

On Tuesday 11 October 2005 16:31, Paul Mc wrote:
> Timothy White wrote:
>> Also, I might as well put it in the same post. If you are looking
>> at getting a socket 939 board. I will have 2 boards for sale. An
>> 'A8V Delux' AGP, Via Chipset. And a WinFast NF4UK8AA PCI-E. If your
>> interested. Contact me

> I dont want to start a war here,

If that were really true, you wouldn't have posted. (-:

> But I was excited (I need a new mobo), until I realised they are
> both AMD :(

I run 100% AMD, with excellent results.

I'm installing a server at the moment. The cheap ASUS _server_ mobo is
capable of running twe PCIe-16 graphics cards (each with two heads) and
includes 8-channel sound. Not to mention optical audio I/O, 8 SATA
sockets (2 of them external) plus the usual PATA, 2 PS/2, 10 USB2, 2
FireWire, parallel, serial, and games ports. Would you like fries with
that? If I'd spent another 30% on it, the customer could have enjoyed
twin dual-core goodness, but the price of the CPUs themselves is pretty
breathtaking -- and oif course you need to buy two. The thing runs 50%
faster than a microwave over anyway, so...

The ThermalTake 430W PSU is also amazing, it spins the fan down as far
as stopped if it's not heavily loaded, and has sockets for 9 devices,
plus two floppies, two SATA (includes adaptors for 8 more, potentially
consuming 4 sockets), two ATX supplements and the main connector.

Cheers; Leon

http://linux.org.au/            Member, Linux Australia