[plug] GNOME and LCD screens

W.Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Wed Oct 12 14:03:51 WST 2005

For gnome at least, put the mouse cursor in the middle of an offending
windo and ALT-LEFTCLICK and DRAG the window into line.

LCD's *must* run at their native resolution for best results.  You need
to find out what it is and make X match it.  I have had all sorts of
issues with my laptop over this, especially when trying to run an
external projector. Depending on the relationship between what
resolution you have chosen, and the native resolution, you will get
varying degrees of display crappyness.

BillK