[plug] Linux and External Drives

Walter Hill regfrem at connect.net.au
Thu Oct 13 07:36:09 WST 2005

I use Addonics Combo caddies at work.

http://www.addonics.com/products/external_hdd/combo_hd.asp

They are not cheap but I've found them to be quite reliable - I have
about 10. I'm using USB and 1394 cables with mine. I use them under
Linux and Windows without any problems. My only recommendation is that
if you leave one on the desk overnight with a brand new hard drive in it
make sure that the roof doesn't leak. :-(