[plug] Securing Redhat 9.0

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Thu Oct 13 19:18:36 WST 2005

On 13 Oct 2005 at 13:20, Goldie, Kathryn (RTSBS) wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on security issues
or
> vulnerabilities with Redhat 9.0. The scenario I have in mind is with an
> outward facing server that runs Apache 2, Sendmail 8.1.12 and Squid
2.4.
> Linux isn't famous for vulnerabilities in the same way that Windows is
so
> they don't seem to be as widely documented. Any advice or even a point
in
> the right direction to get some info would be gratefully recieved.

The current edition of Linux Format (October-2005) has a major article
(10 pages) on system security. I picked up my copy today.

I haven't read it just yet, but I am sure that it will provide a keen
insight into the matter of security on Linux systems in general.

The cover disk is a DVD with 4Gb of software packages including the
software covered in the above article.

Regards Arie