[plug] [OT] Installing Gentoo on a Dead Badger: User's Notes

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Sat Oct 15 20:51:48 WST 2005

On Sat, 2005-10-15 at 20:29 +0800, Timothy White wrote:
> On 10/15/05, Richard Meyer <meyerri at westnet.com.au> wrote:
> >
> > True - except I didn't HAVE a link at the time, and I thought it
> > SLIGHTLY more on-topic than the ongoing discussions on "saving the world
> > for the dinosaurs" and "how cool is my Holden motor", since it did
> > mention software, and even a Linux distro. And it was Friday
> > afternoon. ;-)
> >
> > That said, you're right - I shouldn't have posted it there, even with
> > the [OT] tag.
>
> I wouldn't really have minded had it had the OT tag, and it was Friday
> (I forgot that, been working to much :), or not enough)

It did have an [OT] tag - but if you've been working that much, I
s'pose ......

> > Now back to Plug business - anyone know what brand of carb they used in
> > the "red engines"?    ;-)
>
> I do believe that was /my/ thread that ppl hijacked to talk about cars
> in... Now that is one I should get annoyed about... ;-)
> Anyone know about this DFI sound thing... I think I'll just take a
> Ubuntu Live CD to a friends place and hope he doesn't kick me out for
> bringing a Linux CD in the house, bit like I kick him out when he
> brings Windows stuff in ;-)
>
> Sorry if it seemed I was digging at you in particular, I was tempted
> to say something about the cars... Which really is more OT than
> badgers...

I've had a decent day, and I am feeling no pain - it'd take more than a
gentle dig like that to upset me today ...  In fact, even obscenities
will be laughed at   :-)

And to keep it on-topic, I have no idea aboput DFI sound at all.