[plug] Mail Query

Joong Cho joongcho at westnet.com.au
Sun Oct 16 15:42:36 WST 2005

Hello,

With regards to the mail server, why do I always get the following error
messages whenever I try to download mail messages using mail programs such
as Thunderbird.

In /var/log/syslog:

localhost pop3(startreklibrary):
mkdir_parents(/home/startreklibrary/mail//.imap/INBOX) failed: permission
denied.

localhost pop3(startreklibrary): Couldn't open INBOX: Internal error
occured. Refer to server log for more information.

Using Thunderbird, I get the following error message.

The STAT command did not succeed. Error getting message number and sizes.
Mail server 127.0.0.1 responded: No INBOX for user.

I can send mail using those mail programs, but I just gotta be able to
download my mail messages. One step closer to solving that problem if I can
get around this problem.

Thanks for all your help.

Joong Cho
Joong Cho Enterprises
President

Business: +61 8 9354 7178
Fax: +61 8 9354 7174
Mobile: +61 0439 963 499

Web Site Administrator and Web Site Designer
http://www.joongcho.com/
http://www.startreklibrary.com/