[plug] XMMS gobbling cpu

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Mon Oct 17 22:03:47 WST 2005

Hi people,

Since I reported the problem where X appeared to be looping, I have been
keeping an eye on my machine and I notice that XMMS seems to be
misbehaving. Just starting it up and leaving it alone - not playing
anything, it consumes 5-15% of my cpu (as shown by "top"). Anybody else
using XMMS, who is seeing this sort of behaviour?

I only started keeping a beady eye on XMMS since yesterday when it
started consuming 100% CPU sporadically - so bad that it would start
hicupping in what it was playing (ogg encoded CD's, which it played
perfectly the previous day). Anybody notice this misbehaviour as well?

It's driving me mad since my last attempt with Amarok wasn't that great
- amarok crashed often and early ....
Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation.
                -- Johnny Hart

Linux Counter user #306629