[plug] XMMS gobbling cpu

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Tue Oct 18 11:10:50 WST 2005

On Tue, 2005-10-18 at 10:59 +0800, Peter F Bradshaw wrote:

> > Ok - this is what I've done and it seems to work - I killed it and
> > deleted the ~/.xmms dir and restarted, and now it's using .7% while
> > playing music - 0% while not doing anything.
>
> Interesting. I've always used the standard skin so I've never run
> across this.

This was also a first for me - I'd looked at some skins, but most were
either so gaudy or childish that I'd resisted using one until a couple
of days ago.

Cheers

Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation.
                -- Johnny Hart

Linux Counter user #306629