[plug] Onsite Assisstance

Jonathan Young jonathan at pcphix.com
Wed Oct 19 20:33:40 WST 2005

Hi all

I run PC-PHIX.  I do onsite work.  Stacks of work with PCs, hardware and
Windows OSes, but only limited work on Linux... I'm learning as fast as
I can!!!

I have a network that runs a Mandrake server.  A power surge caused an
unscheduled reboot and has damaged (part of) the hard drive.

I am still checking to see if the damage is physical, but so far I cannot
get FSCK to get past checking /dev/hda6 which contains the /home folder.

There is some degree of urgency with this and I am not all that
experienced in this area.

I was wondering if anyone out there does onsite support (for Linux) in
case I need to (worst case) pull out the dead drive and restore the file
system / contents from a backup or (worse still) rebuild the /home
folders in some way.

Any contact details for such a service, cost per hour or advice on things
I should do BEFORE I call for help is appreciated.

I pay COD and you won't have to deal with my client...

--
Jonathan Young
Director of PC-PHIX
jonathan at pcphix.com