[plug] [OTish] Anti-static mats

Kev kdownes at tpg.com.au
Thu Oct 20 22:59:51 WST 2005

Harry McNally wrote:
> Richard Meyer wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 22:10 +0800, Chris Caston wrote:
>>
>>> Where is a good place to buy anti-static mats?
>>
>> Harvey Norman had them 3 days ago - price quite high about $50 IIRC
>

> Cheap. A 1200x900mm mat from the 3M agent will be more like $300 plus
> you need the approved grounding mains plug, wrist strap, maybe a floor
> mat if you want to set up well. Check RSComponents for the sorts of gear
> available but you may find a beter price from the agent for that brand.

Yes, I know RS have them, and that would be my suggestion.  I'd hate to
guess at a price though.  My RS cattledog (if it's still around that is)
is/was a 1989 copy :-(

Kev

Kev Downes
kdownes at tpg.com.au  ph 0404 7 0808 2
We use and recommend Xandros 3.0.2
There are 10 types of people ...
    ... those who understand binary, and those who don't!