[plug] sysrescue

Kev kdownes at tpg.com.au
Thu Oct 20 23:36:13 WST 2005

I have tried to boot from the sysrescue CD (v2.14 and v2.15) but it
hangs at the point of:-

     scanning for eth16i...

The only recourse from this point is push the button.

Does anyone know what this *really* means, and how I might correct the
situation?  The same CDs will boot all 7 other machines at home.  Google
and RTFM are not solutions, as there's very little I can find, and the
little there is, is not decipherable by a pleb such as I.  The system in
question is an AMD Athlon XP 3200+, 1.5g RAM and the mobo is an Asus
A7N8X-E with and vVidia nForce2 chipset.

Thanx
Kev
Kev Downes
kdownes at tpg.com.au  ph 0404 7 0808 2
We use and recommend Xandros 3.0.2
There are 10 types of people ...
    ... those who understand binary, and those who don't!
"Jesus Christ is the centre of everything and the object of everything;
He who does not know him, knows nothing of the order of the world
and nothing of himself."             Blaise Pascal