[plug] [OT] Slashdot

Jonathan Young jonathan at pcphix.com
Tue Oct 25 17:34:54 WST 2005

Hi all.

This is off-topic.  It should be on the off-topic list, but I didn't
want to miss the exact people I was hoping to reach, so I'll be quick.

Slashdot Meetup is still going in Perth:  http://slashdot.meetup.com/22/
or http://slashdot.meetup.com/22/about/

Since a huge part of what we talk about at Meetup is Linux related and
several members are also PLUG list members, there IS a connection here.

Anyway, Meetup is this week, on Thursday at 7pm.  Several people haven't
been able to make it, so I am hoping for a few last minute RSVPs...?

I am also looking for previous members to come and take another look or
some new interest from PLUG members who read Slashdot.

In particular I was hoping some of these people (if you're reading this)
might drop me a reply (off the PLUG list) since recent emails didn't work:

dayta
Joel Johnson / Sandgroper
Lucractius
Mark Tearle
perthstyle
Sam / SamGiandzi
sg_oneill
SquiD
tevita
quadfour
udi / mrmrmr
Zogafrete

I will never do this (OT subject) again, but if you are into Slashdot,
Linux or IT in general, there is probably something worth coming along
for and you are all welcome!

If not this month, because it will be a bit quiet, then just RSVP 'no'
and keep an eye out for an invite to next month's Meetup instead!

Cheers,

--
Jonathan Young
Director of PC-PHIX