[plug] find -exec

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Tue Oct 25 21:54:42 WST 2005

On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 05:47:54AM +0000, simon wrote:
> Craig Ringer (craig at postnewspapers.com.au) wrote:
> >

> > `find' is great, but in this case there's an easier way, and one that'll
> > be a fair whack faster.
> >

> except that it appears your solution wont do what he wants?!

You're right in that the two aren't exactly equivalent. While I didn't
think of it at the time, if you're trying to /remove/ execute
permissions from existing files, eg after copying files off a FAT32
volume mounted with flags that give files execute permissions, then it
won't do the job. The execute permissions will be retained.

Other than that, the two are identical - so it really depends on what
exactly he's trying to do, which I don't think was ever specified.

--
Craig Ringer