[plug] Time to replace palm m130?

W.Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Wed Oct 26 10:09:17 WST 2005

Not quite in the same thread but perhaps useful info for some.

This thread pushed me into starting a warranty claim on my treo650
because of a oversensitive "P" key on the keyboard.  There are a lot of
google hits when one searches for this so I suspect its a design problem
(or more likely a weakness in the design)

The reply from Palm is that the keyboard is not covered under warranty.
Also, they do not have a perth repair office, so they have to be sent to
NSW, which is just a drop off point.  Repairs are done in Singapore!
They do the repairs on an exchange basis using refurbished units + a
rather large chunk of the claimants cash.

As there are a lot of other google hits on problems with early 650's, I
think its safer to keep what I have got and see if I can dismantle/clean
the keyboard when the warranty expires in a few months.  I am treating
the Treo as a learning experience (its my first PDA), and whilst I love
it and the convergence of phone and PDA is great, if a viable non-palm
competitor comes out I am jumping ship!

BillK