[plug] Linux Desktop Market

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Fri Oct 28 06:13:04 WST 2005

On Friday 28 October 2005 01:58, Craig Ringer wrote:
> Windows application-based firewalls work because they can communicate
> with the user. "This app tried to access the 'net, do you want to let
> it?".

> Perhaps that could be done with SELinux.

Yes. Mandriva already does this kind of notification with, e.g., USB
cameras so I can't see it being any harder for a firewall. Won't
disagree with you on the intricacies of the app-based firewall. There
are Layer7 modules for iptables now too.

Cheers; Leon

http://linux.org.au/            Member, Linux Australia