[plug] clear the screen when using the watch utility

W.Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sat Oct 29 07:18:24 WST 2005

Try it, it dosnt work!

I use watch to run "ntp -p" and some other monitor commands.  The
problem is when I change networks and therefore ntp servers, the number
of servers changes, so ntp writes to a different place on the screen
without clearing the previous.  Another problem is when the network is
unreachable, the data is unreadable.  Run 'watch ntp -p' and stop the
ntp daemon, wait a few seconds and restart ntp and you will see what I
mean.

So every refresh period (2 secs), I want to clear the screen before ntp
writes to the screen.

Think I'll use perl: as far as I can see watch cant deal with this.

BillK