[plug] reply-to change when delivering mail through postfix

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Sat Oct 29 11:20:22 WST 2005

simon wrote:

> I have an alias setup to deliver to about 6 different people, mostly external
> email addresses.
>
> What I want to do is change the reply-to address for any mail sent to this
> address, so if anyone replies it goes back to the list of people by default.
>
> Kind of like a mini-mailing list I guess.
>
> Any clues?

You could run a real mailing list.  Mailman is quite easy to set up
and can do reply-to munging as well as various other things which you
might also want (e.g. restricting posting rights

Alternatively, you could use some evil procmail tricks;
e.g. (untested)

:0
| formail -I 'Reply-To: mylist at blah.org.au' | \
  sendmail recipient1 at somewhere.net recipient2 at blah.com ...