[plug] Debian Archive

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 21:50:27 WST 2005

Well, I'd start by asking a PLUG and UCC member, Bernard or Cameron.
Then when you get there, make sure you have debmirror installed, and use it!

So, for example, for me to get breezy, and hoary, mirrors, of i386,
and amd64, I used the following command
debmirror /scratch/Mirror/Ubuntu/ -h ftp.uwa.edu.au -r
/mirrors/linux/ubuntu/ -d hoary,breezy -s
main,multiverse,restricted,universe -a amd64,i386 --ignore-release-gpg
--verbose --passive -p

This created a debian/ubuntu Mirror in /scratch/Mirror/Ubuntu, which
is where my local ftp server points. Obviously, you may want to do it
differently, but that really is the easist way.
(For a debian mirror, you will need to change /mirrors/linux/ubuntu to
(I think) /debian/ but you'll want to browse the FTP server first to
check.)

Tim