[plug] Perl script ?

Alex Nordstrom lx at se.linux.org
Mon Oct 31 12:14:37 WST 2005

Monday, 31 October 2005 11:47, garry wrote:
> I wondering if Perl can do this....

Perl can do anything in no less than two ways, but it's overkill in this
case.

> With a music folder full of upper and lower case directory names, the
> "alphabeticalness" get mucked up..
>
> I'd like to be able to change all directory names to lower case..

From man rename:

To translate uppercase names to lower, you'd use

               rename 'y/A-Z/a-z/' *

Also have a look at Cantus for general work of this sort. It's primitive
and buggy, but powerful enough to do the job if you know how to work
with it.

--
Alex Nordstrom
http://lx.n3.net/