[plug] big ISO, never-ending download!

Mike Holland myk.list at westnet.com.au
Mon Oct 31 17:49:34 WST 2005

Adam Ashley wrote:

> umm
> aashley at gamma:~$ rsync rsync://ftp.iinet.net.au/
> iiNet Rsync Server

umm ... thanks. I did try, different syntax and hostname though, and it
didn't respond. But it seems that rsync is very quiet, even with -v.

> i think
> rsync
> rsync://ftp.iinet.net.au/Suse/Suse/i386/10.0/iso/SUSE-10.0-EvalDVD-i386-GM.iso
> is what you want

OK, that shows the file. I added a second arg, '.' to copy, but that
returns instantly. Its probably just checking filesize and timestamp.
   So now I'm running 'rsync -cv --progress '.
   Still no feedback, but its hitting the disk hard, presumably
checksumming.
Now 'rsync' is just sleeping. Will wait.