[plug][OT] Who's a Good Hardware Supplier in Perth?

Shannon Carver Shannon.Carver at P-S-T.COM.AU
Mon Sep 5 16:56:00 WST 2005

Yea I guess it depends on wether you want to get it all from the one
shop or not.  As stated before you could:

- visit a site like staticice, and buy from shops all around the
Metropolitan area for the best price on each component (Very annoying,
impractical if used in a corporate environment)

- Buy an all in one server from a supplier like Dell, HP, IBM, etc etc.
(Expensive, but guaranteed of quality/warranty, support)

- Buy the parts you want from the one distributor or wholesaler (heaps
of options round perth, Netplus, DMA, EdSys just to mention a few)

All three options, nowadays should get you just the hardware without the
need to buy the software on top.  As far as I can see it, the days of
forced OS purchases with machines are all but over.  This is especially
apparent with laptops now shipping without Windows, and coming either
barebones or with a linux flavour (think HP Laptops with SuSE)

Shannon