[plug] graphics cards and linux

WolfBite wolfbite_aus at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 7 06:21:11 WST 2005

Nvidia the way to go for linux

Ive had running
riva
gforce2
gforce4 4200 4600 (ran AA with the 4600)
currently 6800gt

some go on that the ati is the fastest and best (in windows)
nvidia is the fastest and best in BOTH (I still dual boot)
and the easiest to setup in linux

even ran BF2 with the 4600 ok :)

Wolfbite

Caleb Duggan <caleb.duggan at gmail.com> wrote:
I've been playing America's army quite a bit lately and ive noticed that
it performs much better under windows than under linux.........i was
wondering if its that my graphics card isnt supported very well under
linux......the card is a Radeon 9200SE.......ive heard that radeon cards
dont perform aswell as nvidia cards in linux, is this true?.....

Im thinking about buying a new graphics card soon anyway.......can anyone
reccommend an ok linux-friendly graphics card? i would like to spend less
than $200 on it.....was hopeing to spend around $150...

At PLE, i saw the following card
VC NVIDIA GEFORCE 6600LE PCIe/256MB/TV/DVI # $139
Would that be well supported in linux?

PLUG discussion list: plug at plug.org.au
Committee e-mail: committee at plug.linux.org.au

http://mail.yahoo.com