[plug][OT] Who's a Good Hardware Supplier in Perth?

Jo! linux-plug at localtalents.net
Wed Sep 7 10:11:46 WST 2005

May be we can talk about telstra :)

Jo

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-bounces at plug.org.au [mailto:plug-bounces at plug.org.au] On Behalf
Of Phillip Kilby
Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2005 9:57 AM
To: plug at plug.org.au; caston at arach.net.au
Subject: Re: [plug][OT] Who's a Good Hardware Supplier in Perth?

Most of you guys work tho right? Not that I'm really looking at the moment
haha. I currently feel like working on a farm or even transport to be
honest.

I believe a PC made entirely in Australia would cost about two to four times
of what it would to make one in China or Taiwan. Only hope we have is
software, not that it isn't already offshore as well.

Look at Germany, they still sell BMWs and Audi's, can't see them being
exported to China anytime soon... I like the idea of quality over quantity.

Amazing how this thread went from "PC shop rating" to "politics" and then to
"water scheme", aha what next. I personally would like to see each home with
solar photovoltaic panels to compensate water usage, and maybe even have a
rain water tank like the true Aussie colonial homes. Expensive, true, but
meh why not.

Phillip.
PLUG discussion list: plug at plug.org.au