[plug] ArachNet sale to AmCom...

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Wed Sep 7 12:15:19 WST 2005

...is the ADSL and dialup business _only_, so apparently cusotmers
(roughly 5000 ADSL and 5000 dialup) average out in value at something
like $150 apiece.

This looks like good news in general for ArachNet dialup and ADSL
customers, since AmCom has large ADSL resources and is about to DSLAM
something like 20 new exchanges (http://www.amnet.com.au/dslam.aspx) of
which 16 appear to be in WA. And I'm very pleased to note that one of
those is Wanneroo, due in November. Since AFAICT I'm about 500m form
the exchange, I should be able to get a 2Mb SHDSL link when that
happens.

ArachNet will continue in the hosting business for the foreseeable
future.

They're expected to release a joint statement later today or early
tomorrow.

Cheers; Leon

http://linux.org.au/            Member, Linux Australia