[plug] Problem updating Sarge server

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Wed Sep 7 22:33:01 WST 2005

Hello,

I got spooked out when there was some serious data corruption on my
server so I started rebuilding on a completely different machine.

Now I'm having some issues with updating Sarge with the latest security
and other updates:

Need to get 0B/36.1MB of archives.
After unpacking 6544kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
E: This installation run will require temporarily removing the essential
package e2fsprogs due to a Conflicts/Pre-Depends loop. This is often
bad, but if you really want to do it, activate the APT::Force-LoopBreak
option.
E: Internal Error, Could not early remove e2fsprogs

Any ideas?

I changed from wa.au.debian.org or au.debian.org but it made no
difference. Mind you I might need to purge the apt cache perhaps? What
was the command for this again?

thanks,

Chris