[plug] Linux Accounting Packages

Randal Adamson ranz at devdata.net
Thu Sep 8 11:19:07 WST 2005

Hi all,

The topic is here again. Thought I'd try my luck to see if anyone has
any latest tips or advice to running a business with an accounting
package on Linux. So what do you guys use? What is the cost etc.

Please don't say Wine or CrossOver Office. I certainly do not want my
machine to be succeptable to Windows-based security problems. And, yes,
Wine and Crosssover does leave your linux box succeptable.

Why MYOB doesn't make a linux version is beyond me, they've made a Mac
version - surely it's not much more to port it. Perhaps the mirriad of
distro's is the stumbling point?

VMWare is a consideration, but that means you're still dictated by M$
licenses - and I'm kind of not wanting to go there.

Cheers,

Ranz