[plug] [Slightly OT] Wireless ISP companies

Steve Boak sboak at westnet.com.au
Thu Sep 8 15:40:13 WST 2005

Hi all

I am looking at selling our town to the devil (well, a wireless broadband
company really, but what's the difference if I choose the wrong one :-) and I
would like to know if anyone has experience with the companies concerned.

The two companies are:
Clear Networks: http://www.clearnetworks.com.au/
BroadbandNet: http://www.bbnet.com.au

I know there has been a lot of (bad) comments about Clear Networks on the
Whirlpool forums, so I am looking for real, on-the-ground experience if
possible please.

The link to PLUG? The selected provider will connect the rest of the world to
my Debian Server, hopefully at 1.5Mb/512k - 1000 times faster than my current
phone line :=)

Thanks

Steve

--
Steve Boak, P.O. Box 240, Nannup, WA 6275
Nannup Telecentre IT support, ph (08) 9756 3022