[plug] Software Freedom Day update

Jacqueline McNally j-conversations at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Fri Sep 9 15:20:44 WST 2005

Hello

To provide an update as to what is happening at Computer Angels
(http://www.computerangels.org.au).

We are open from 10.00am to 4.00pm and we are commencing speedgeeking
rounds at 11.00am, 1.00pm and 3pm.

The general feel of the day is documented here:
http://maitri.ubuntu.com/softwarefreedomday/wiki/index.php/Computer_Angels_Inc%2C_Perth%2C_Western_Australia

Some speedgeeking topics have become more specific and will be available
in all speedgeeking rounds:

- GRAMPS with GEDCOM file of Abraham Lincoln's family tree
- Mailmerge with OpenOffice.org
- Surf the 'net with Firefox
- Digital camera-ing

We are also offering a Software Freedom Day special on the computer
systems we provide to the public
(http://www.computerangels.org.au/carpark.shtml). Our Computer Angels
computers are available on the day for $195 (a saving of $100). We are
also including a choice of three free training vouchers. All proceeds go
towards assisting our Computer Angels' programmes.

Come and see how and what Computer Angels does, and have the opportunity
to take away a CD (Windows and Linux) of the demonstrated software to
put on your own work and home computers.

Regards
Jacqueline McNally
http://www.decisions-and-designs.com.au/jacqueline