[plug] ArachNet sale to AmCom...

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 15:28:16 WST 2005

On 9/9/05, Shannon Carver <Shannon.Carver at p-s-t.com.au> wrote:

> Hey again,
>
> Sorry to sway off topic again, but that's a point of view I hadn't thought
> of.  In iinet's favour they have 2TB local FTP server with rsynced
> debian/gentoo/xxx…. Repositories, which is extremely useful in that respect.
>  I guess however, that the fact Amnet gives you 80GB of waix traffic on the
> larger plan would be more than enough for those sort of downloads.  Pity the
> people trying to pull that kind of data on the lower traffic plans though!

Although it's not my place to say.. I would have to suggest that
anyone trying to pull 50 gig a month of data off the WAIX network is
pretty likely to be doing illegal file sharing, and considering the
pain that some WA ISP's are going through right now because their
customers were _caught_ doing that.. I'd want to limit or manage the
damage somehow.

--
Ubuntu Hoary 5.04
"Luminocity is a cracktastic technology testbed for Metacity." - From