[plug] Minitab for Linux

christopher whittaker chriswhittaker at smartchat.net.au
Sat Sep 10 20:10:47 WST 2005

Does anyone know of an  Linux app which is similar  to or a version of
MINITAB ( the stastistical app available for w$).

I have a need to use MINITAB for Six Sigma projects and as one of the
projects my team is  working on is feasibility of swapping from Windoze
to Linux for the business  ( we are a Six Sigma company) it would be
good if I could generate the data and graphs through a Linux application.

I can generate some of the data through CALC but like EXCEL it is very
limited for statistical calculations  like correlation and relationship
data, calculating spread and range etc.( it does do standard deviation
calculations well though)

I need to be able to develop Parito charts, Histograms, sample
measurements etc

Six Sigma uses stastitical data for defining and improving business
processes and systems and MINITAB is brilliant for Six Sigma needs but a
linux app would be perfect.

Thanks

Chris Whittaker