[plug] mythtv, HDTV card

Mike Holland myk.list at westnet.com.au
Mon Sep 12 10:33:27 WST 2005

Jim Householder wrote:

> I got the V-Stream Xpert DVB-T card from Jaycar, and found that I had
> mis-interpreted the specs.  It does *not* receive analog broadcast.  It
> does accept analog input from a camera.

Why would you want an analogue tuner when you can have digital?
The analog port is for recording from your old VHS tapes, camera,
or Foxtel box.

You could use an old VCR as a tuner for the odd occasion you want to
watch analog TV. I can't think why though, unless you like Channel 31.

> I was hoping to use mythtv to watch HDTV.  Oh well...

HD is only on digital.

You could start just trying to get the DVB card working with the simple
dvbstream program. Once you know the card is working, then try MythTV.

There are two steps
1) load all the modules. (mine uses 16 of them!)
2) call 'dvbstream' from a script with all the right parameters.

But at least the drivers are included with the standard kernel.

Have you found the Linux info for that card?
e.g.

http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Kworld_V-Stream_Xpert_DTV