[plug] reccomend a PCI video card thats suitable for mythtv

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Thu Sep 15 06:34:26 WST 2005

I took the path someone else recommended: a nvidia 5200 and a MCE
remote.  Both are still in the box and will be until the weekend.  I
have started building the target MythTV box.  My test bed is working
well, but the program data still eludes me.

Is there a working script available for Australia (mythfilldatabase -
tv_grab_au)?

BillK

On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 00:41 +0400, Brad Campbell wrote:
> W.Kenworthy wrote:
> > Can someone reccomend a PCI video card thats suitable for mythtv (i.e.,
> > reasonable tvout)  I am leaning towards nvidia, but I dont know if tvout
> > works under linux (perhaps a GeForce 6200?). Is there something better
> > (reasonably priced tho).
>
> I have a Matrox G450.. tv output on second head is fantastic (tho i use VGA out these days with a
> projector, but I used the TV out for quite a while)
>
> > Also, what do people use for a remote control?
>
> Streamzap with lirc.. it is wonderful beyond words..

Home!